I'm a big fan of writing. I write a lot. I write in my journal almost daily. I write in a diary my daughter and I keep together for those alternating weeks when she is with her dad. I write in countless notebooks any time I have an idea or thought or just something I want to remember.
Lately, I have been writing a business plan, house decorating ideas, notes on what furniture to put where in our new house, blog ideas and craft ideas...among other things.
Today, I just sat down and did a little brainstorming, and it's kinda funny what came out. I also want to challenge you to do the same.
I asked myself 4 simple questions. Below are my questions and answers (and my little inside voice inserting comments along the way). Ask yourself these same 4 questions and see what you come up with:
1. What do I have direct knowledge of?
- divorce and child custody issues
- home-buying, moving
- home staging and redesign (fully certified!)
-mothering a daughter
- working full-time away from home
2. What am I good at?
- being creative
- being stylish
- bargain shopping
- making lists (duh)
- photographing the everyday
3. What am I guilty of?
- rough time management (b/c I overcommit)
- not finishing (b/c I overcommit)
- not exercising
- cussing (don't judge me)
- sleeping late
(funny how all of these are related....)
4. What do I want?
- a frozen yogurt (so, I'm hungry...)
- Marley to take horseback riding lessons
- to work solely from home, blog and craft all day
- have a BHG-worthy home
- to own and operate an online shop (did I mention I'm writing a business plan?)
- go somewhere different every year on vacation
My goal in doing this was to come up with some different content for this little blog of mine. I gotta tell ya, I've got some good ideas running around in my head right now. But it also openend my eyes to things that are important to me, that maybe I didn't realize were so important to me, until they showed up on this list more than once....
So, now it's your turn. Brainstorm, and leave me a little note in the comments below with some interesting tidbits you discovered about yourself...